Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach
Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) Health Coach
RPM Operations Manager
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 3 Weeks PTO
- The Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach provides monitoring, education, resources, and support for patient’s that wish to participate in the Remote Patient Monitoring Program.
- Working under the supervision of the CRNP and Operations Manager, the Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach will assist with the initial set up and education for new patients and then provide monthly calls and coaching to help patients remain engaged in the program and ensure compliance with their plan of care. The Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach responds to alerts when a patient’s readings fall outside of the set parameters established by the CRNP in conjunction with the patient’s physician, by calling the patient or caregiver to recheck and ensure the safety and stability of the patient. The Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach is a calming and stabilizing source for patients and families when patients’ have breached a threshold, experience an adverse event or a decline that requires immediate medical attention.
- All activities are documented in the RPM portal and communication is maintained with the CRNP regarding any changes or concerns with the patient that requires additional intervention, consultation, or review.
- The Remote Medical Assistant/Health Coach reports to the RPM Operations Manager all daily activities, scheduling and issues with the RPM devices or vendor.
- Works in close coordination with the team member responsible for the management of the inventory and equipment.
- Performs duties in support of RehnCare’s mission to ensure the highest quality of patient care is delivered in an economically sound and efficient manner.
Age range of patient populations served: Primarily mid 50’s to elderly
- Establishes relationship with NovoRPM team and works closely to onboard patients and ensure device activation within 1st week of receiving a device.
- Ensures all devices are delivered and instruct patients on setting up the devices.
- Consistently communicates with CRNP to ensure parameters are set prior to the utilization of the device.
- Communicates when a patient breaches established reading parameters with urgency and provides appropriate direction based on severity of episode.
- Foster a trusting relationship with patients and engage patients in discussions regarding their own health care.
- Become and remain competent and current in the utilization of NovoRPM application and devices.
- Maintains positive demeanor and good customer service with patients and caregivers.
- Consistently sets “Timer” during all communication to validate billing.
- Document all activity in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains 15-20 successful calls daily to RPM participants.
- Ensures all patients in caseload are active and completing the weekly reading and two twenty minutes calls per month.
- Treats every event with the appropriate urgency and ensures all patient referrals to clinical team yield results.
- Identify and communicates trends in the use, delivery implementation etc., of the devices.
Education and Training:
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent training and education required.
- Proficient in medical documentation
- Degree in Health Care or Human Services preferred
A minimum of 3 years healthcare experience as a medical assistant or related field
Registration, Licensure and/or Certification:
- Competencies in key elements of nursing care or related field
- Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
- Ability to build quick and sustainable relationships
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in documentation of clinical information in an EHR
- Good collaborator
- Critical Thinking and Reasoning
- Effective Communicator- verbal and written
- Possess Empathy
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of trends in nursing care
Physical Demands and Sensory Requirements:
- Moderate physical effort: lift/carry up to 10-30 lbs.
- Balance of sedentary/mobility work
- Frequently kneeling/crouching/reaching
- Occasionally lifts equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity
- Frequent stooping/bending
- Frequently handles/lifts/pushes patients
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-24.db HL) aided/non-aided and/or visual acuity of 20/60 in at least one eye (with/without correction)
- Biohazardous substances
- Infections/contagious diseases
- Infectious specimens